A process for clearing out judgement, on the Full Moon, or anytime you’re needing to release, soften your heart, and make space for more connected relationship.
The next time you are feeling overwhelmed with too much on your plate, worried you’re not going to get the result you were aiming for, angry at someone else for screwing it up…
- Notice how the overwhelm, worry, anger, etc feels in your body. Is it scattered thoughts? A head ache? Tightness in your shoulders? Something else?
- Ask yourself why that emotion is present. What’s the worse case you’re trying to avoid?
- Check-in, how do you see yourself in this situation? Are you capable of handling it, or is there some other familiar story? (Like, I’m going to screw this up. Or, I’m never going to get what I want., Or, they’re going to take advantage of me.)
- Give your Inner Critic a name and let it speak. Eg Mr Anxious says he’s worried that I’m going to make the same mistake I did last time and then waste all my time and energy for no return.
- Allow your body to feel whatever is present as the Inner Critic speaks. eg maybe your eyebrows want to raise, or your shoulders want to hunch. Let that happen.
- Respond with your version of Forgiveness and Gratitude. You can use the following Ho’oponopono sequence (Ho’oponopono is a forgiveness practice that originates from Hawaii):
- I’m sorry… (eg I’m sorry I made you wrong.)
- Please forgive me… (eg for trying to silence you.)
- Thank you (eg for trying to protect me.)
- I Love You
- Call in your Higher Power, Higher Self, or some other voice of Wisdom. Allow them to speak. (eg Thank you for your concern. We have slowed things down and are doing things in a much more thoughtful and aligned way. Let’s trust that different input brings different output.)
- Check-in with your body again. What sensations, feelings, emotions are present?
- Thank yourself for taking some time to clean out a junk drawer and make space for more sweetness in your life. Repeat as often as necessary.