If I had a library full of goodies for you to browse, this would be it. The collection of books and podcasts is growing, so check back the next time you’re looking for some inspiration.
Get to know your Body
- The Body Keeps the Score by Bessel van der Kolk – A classic introduction into how your body works and why connecting to (and being in a loving relationship with) your body is game (and world) changing.
- Waking the Tiger by Peter Levine – More of a ‘how to’ connect with your body and be present to the wide range of experiences you body has, and how they can be a window into your healing.
- The Homecoming Podcast: Episode 118 Body Based Healing – Somatic Healing Techniques: Dr. Thema guides you through ways to connect with your body that give you a strong foundation for healing trauma, reducing stress and coming home to yourself.
- Playful Spirituality Podcast: How to Stop Criticizing your Body: Cara normalizes all the ways we can beat up on ourselves and makes it really easy to start loving the body you live in.
Stir the Creative Juices
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron – Think you’re not creative? Or not cut out for the creative life? Think (and feel) again. A roadmap back to who you truly are.
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert – A fun, light, and easy read that wakes up your creative genius.
Take the edge off Money
- The Prosperous Heart by Julia Cameron – Written for artists and creatives, it’s permission for your life to be prosperous NOW, before you ‘make it’, with lots of care for your inner child along the way.
- It’s Not Your Money by Tosha Silver – A mix of practical and prayerful. A beautiful invitation to make your money life holy again.
- The Business of Being Creative Podcast with Sean Low – Lots of grounded advice about valuing yourself, your work, and the creativity that flows through you.
- Playful Spirituality Podcast: Healing the Relationship with Money: Cara and I hang out and share some of my money journey, especially how it mirrored so much of my relationship with my body.
- Playful Spirituality Podcast: Money is your Dance Partner: Have you ever thought of money as a person? Me neither until I listened to this episode. Cara makes it easy to start to change your relationship with money.
Fall in Love with Marketing
- The Fearless Marketing Bible by Simone Seol – If you love your work and cringe at the idea of shouting about it, a reminder you that marketing is just about being human, and having fun. Very simple and ‘of course’.
- This is Marketing by Seth Godin – For when you want a little bit of strategy mixed with a lotta lotta soul.
- The Business of Being Creative Podcast with Sean Low – So many good episodes that make the business side of things feel so common sense.
- Maverick and The 7 Day Weekend by Ricardo Semler – If the traditional hierarchical way of business has never felt good to you, these two books will validate your instincts and open your eyes of what could be possible instead.